KDE 3.2.1: more problems

Hi,

I dist-upgraded my sid box to KDE-3.2.1 and ran into some more problems than I
saw on the list...

1. KDM login.

When I login via KDM as my usual user on my single-user system, X immediately
crashes, regardless which windowmanager I choose. I can login (even to KDE)
via GDM without any problems (even autologin) with this user.
A test user I created can login without any problems.
The usual user can do startx.
I moved away my .kde directory, no effect.
I deleted the account and created a new one with the same name and the same
home dir, no effect. Does anyone have an idea?

2. krfb stopped working.

It closes the connection immediately, from localhost and from remote.

[krfbrc]
allowDesktopControl=true
allowUninvited=true
confirmUninvitedConnection=false
disableBackground=false
disableXShm=false
enableSLP=false
preferredPort=-1
uninvitedPasswordCrypted=[removed]

# xtightvncviewer localhost:0
xtightvncviewer: VNC server closed connection
# netstat -l -a -p
tcp 0 0 *:5900 *:* LISTEN 1365/kdeinit: kded
# dcop kded kinetd isEnabled krfb
true
# dcop kded kinetd port krfb
5900

An idea, anyone?

3. Spell checking

Is there an option in KDE to turn spell checking off? I write half of my texts
in german, the other half in english. Even if I didn't hate spell checking
while typing by itself, I'd start doing so now...
Am I blind or should I file an urgent wishlist item on bugs.kde.org?
But... after some copy/paste spell checking dies anyway. I searched the other
two's bug archives, but wasn't able to list the spell checker plugin's bugs
in bugs.kde.org.

Please give me some feedback if I did something wrong, if not, I'll start bug
reports, of course.

Greetings.
--
Thomas Ritter

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary
safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin