Screensaver fails!

Dear friends:

[Using Xandros 2.0/Debian]

I have installed and uninstalled a number of programs -- all of them either
from XN (with only the two XN sources) or else by recompiling source tarballs
(all of which go into /usr/local -- which has no effect, I am told, on the
operation or stability of Xandros). For some strange reason, my screensavers
(both the KDE screensavers and the GLX rss-glx screensavers -- both from XN)
no longer work EXCEPT for "Euphoria GL" (which works fine). None of the other
screensavers work. I've tested them all (by clicking on the "test" button at
the bottom of the list). They all used to work perfectly well. Any idea what
could be wrong, and how I can reactivate them. Is it some file that I need to
configure? I tried to reinstall both "kscreensaver" and "rss-glx" in apt-get
with the --reinstall option. They reinstalled fine, but the screensavers
still don't work (except for Euphoria GL). There is nothing wrong with my
glx. I checked by typing "glxinfo" in the console.

Thank you so much.

Benjamin
--
Sher's Russian Web