Re: Problems upgrading to KDE3

Am Mittwoch, 17. Dezember 2003 13:04 schrieb Rosi Suárez:
> Hi everybody!!I've been trying to upgrade from KDE2 to
> KDE3. I have Woody dist, and I know kde 3.1.4 is not
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^
> still released for this dist but anyway it can be
> upgraded.
>
> Sources.list contains:
>
> # Debian 3.0 `Woody'
> deb ftp://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian testing main
> contrib non-free
> deb ftp://ftp.bg.debian.org/debian-non-US
> testing/non-US main contrib non-free

Either you have Woody or Testing (aka Sarge). The above deb lines are for
testing.

> # Actualizaciones de seguridad para estable
> deb http://security.debian.org stable/updates main
> contrib non-free
>
> # KDE 3
> deb http://download.kde.org/stable/3.1.4/Debian stable
> main

And here you messed up. That one is KDE3 for Woody but else you have apt setup
for testing. That will not work.

> and when I try to run apt-get install kdebase, it
> happens this (sorry, it's in Spanish, I can translated
> it if you need):

Than please do. Adding LC_ALL=C at the beginning of a command line will reset
it to the default (english).
I doubt that the majority here speaks spanish fluently.

HS

        oder über pgp.net