Re: Using Konstruct to Just Download All Required Files

Trevor Johnston <trevj@redbrick.dcu.ie> wrote:

> I want to use Konstruct to test out KDE 3.2-beta2.
>
> I want to know if I can use it to (first) download all the required files in one
> go. Later, I will use these files on a different computer (with slow internet
> access) to actually compile and install KDE onto.

I figured it out. Very easy, really, I should have persevered before asking about
it here. If you plan, for instance, to build all of kde, just untar the konstruct
tarball, cd to kde and run "make fetch". Ditto for libraries, and any other
things you may want or need. Then, tar up the whole konstruct directory, bring it
home (or wherever) and run "make install" like usual.

Trevor Johnston