Re: kdelibs compile crashes - dependency on Xinerama_pic

On Wednesday December 10 2003 8:51 am, John Bro wrote:
> Well, Jedd, I'm coming to agree with you.
> Clearly Knoppix and Debian are different.
> And clearly, it's mixing the two that causes problems.
> This was not evident to me while I was poking around
> for a good way to move from RH to Debian.. Maybe
> Knoppix should say so, huh?
>
> But right now, I'd really like to find the source
> of the particular problem...
>
> I have managed to "downgrade" my xlibs, xlibs-dev, xlibs-pic
> to a non-Knoppix experimental version, fix a few problems
> left concerning links to libXrender(.la .so etc)
> and have compiled my kdelibs successfully - v. 4.3.0-pre1v4.

I'm not sure exactly what you did, but as far as I know knoppix uses the
old "0ds4" (or somesuch)  Xfree 4.3 debs - you should upgrade *all* of
your XFree installation to the version in experimental - 4.3.0-0pre1v4

Whether this wil fix your problem I don't know, but in any case it is a
good idea to do this first if you haven't already done so.
Then try recompiling.

all the best,
Robert_L