ITP: konversation -- User friendly Internet Relay Chat client for KDE (fwd)

[It looks like the x-debbugs-cc part of bugs.d.o is not working atm (nor is
the index page for wnpp showing new bugs), so I'm resending this message to
pertinent lists.  I know the upload queue is down due the hack, but it would
probably be good to make this ITP known so we don't get several duplicates.
I also need to find a sponsor.  =)  -nate]

Package: wnpp
Severity: wishlist

* Package name    : konversation
  Version         : 0.13
  Upstream Author : Dario Abatianni <eisfuchs@tigress.com> et al.
* URL             : http://konversation.sourceforge.net/
* License         : GPL
* Description     : User friendly Internet Relay Chat client for KDE

 Konversation is a client for the Internet Relay Chat (IRC) protocol.
 It is easy to use and well-suited for novice IRC users, but novice
 and experienced users alike will appreciate its many features:
 .
       * Tabbed channel and server windows
       * IRC color support
       * Pattern-based message highlighting and OnScreen Display
       * Multiple identity support
       * Powerful, multi-language scripting support (with DCOP)
       * Customizable command aliases
       * NickServ-aware logon (for registered nicknames)
       * Smart logging
       * Traditional or enhanced-shell-style nick completion
       * DCC resuming

I have been maintaining CVS snapshot packages of this program for a month or
so now, primarily for my own entertainment.  However, when asked recently
about uploading a stable release to Debian, I realized that this was only
logical.  So here I am.

This package is lintian and linda* clean.

If anyone wants to co-maintain, I'm happy to share or help or whatever.

The package I propose uploading is at the following repository:

deb http://debian.houseofnate.net/ unstable proposed
deb-src http://debian.houseofnate.net/ unstable proposed

The latest version of the debian directory can also be browsed at my
Subversion repository:
http://svn.houseofnate.net/pkg-konversation/branches/stable/

Comments and criticism are most welcome.  =)

Cheers,
nate

P.S. If anyone wants to sponsor me for this package, please let me know.  I
have tried to make the .diff.gz as clean as possible for your reviewing
pleasure.  =)

----
*I get a warning "W: konversation; Script ./usr/share/doc/konversation/
examples/dcop-away.sh is not executable.", but I think this is safe to
ignore.  [2003-12-02: I have since made this warning go away.]

--
Nathaniel W. Turner
http://www.houseofnate.net/