Re: Openoffice for woody and libfreetype6 > 2.1???

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 01:45:24AM +0200, Markus Hofmann wrote:
> Does anyone know a woody-source for OpenOffice??

http://www.linux-debian.de/openoffice is where the Debian-OpenOffice
team do their work.

> I knew apt-get.org, but i can't find a source which matches with my
> libfreetype6 there. I have 2.1.3 installed, but all woody sources I found
> were build for/with libfreetype6 smaller 2.1.

paul@kippax:~$ apt-show-versions -a libfreetype6
libfreetype6    2.1.5-3 install ok installed
libfreetype6    2.0.9-1 stable
libfreetype6    2.1.5-2 testing
libfreetype6    2.1.5-3 unstable
libfreetype6/unstable uptodate 2.1.5-3

Woody has libfreetype6 version 2.0.9-1, therefore that is what a Woody
backport should be using.

If you are using libfreetype6 2.1, you are not using Woody packages, so
it's unlikely that any backports will work. I recommend that you
downgrade libfreetype6 to it's Woody package and use the Woody
OpenOffice.org backport.

Unless you have another reason to have libfreetype6 2.1?

Paul Cupis
--
paul@cupis.co.uk