Re: Debian bugs belong to the Debian BTS

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 03:52:35PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> First of all:
> This wasn't meant personally against you.

I know. :)

> Thankfully, Riku Voipio has already offered to go through the bugs.

Yes, this will be a big help.

> If you don't have the time to go through such bugs, I'd suggest the
> following:
>
> Tag them as "upstream" and exclude "upstream" bugs when you look at the
> bugs in the KDE packages in the BTS (but not-downgradable RC upstream
> bugs should be handled properly).
>
> This way the bugs don't hide the packaging problems that are more
> important for you, and if a freshman asks at debian-kde "How can I help
> with packaging KDE???" you have a job for him.  ;-)
>
> Is this a way to handle both the complaints I and others have regarding
> your closing of the bugs without forcing you to care about upstream bugs
> when you are busy with other things?

Yep, I have started doing that. Also several people involved with KDE on
Debian have decided to start an alioth project for organizing the KDE
packaging and bug reports. Hopefully the alioth project will be open in
a day or two.

Chris