Re: Debian bugs belong to the Debian BTS

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 02:53:01PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> it's your responsibility as a Debian maintainer to handle bugs in your
> packages.

There is no way you can say to a volutantary worker "I demand to be
served for free!" Ofcourse, technically closing upstream bugs is wrong.
But it is just as wrong to only reopen them.

You should have send them to the kde upstream Bug Tracking System
and mark them "forwarded to upstream" in debian BTS. Since you appear
to be unwilling to help debian project even that small way,
I've promised Chris to read through the bug list in weekend, and submit
and mark upstream bugs to kde BTS.

> It's _not_ OK to tell the users of your packages to only file them
> upstream.

This is ludicrous. There is no advantage to anyone if obvious
upstream issues pass through debian BTS. Packaging bugs
to debian BTS, upstream bugs to upstream BTS. If unsure,
to debian BTS.

--
Riku Voipio  	       |    riku.voipio@iki.fi         |
kirkkonummentie 33     |    +358 40 8476974          --+--