Re: No accented chars in 3.1.4 (solution)

On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 01:32:25AM +0200, Ricardo Galli wrote:
> On Thursday 09 October 2003 00:47, Chris Cheney shaped the electrons to
> shout:
> > > BTW, this only happens, at least in my computers, where I use xfree
> > > 4.3, but not with 4.2. Chris (Cheney), can you give us some clue?
> >
> > I am using XFree 4.3 as well and have never had problems with accented
> > chars. However, I am using kxkb with US keyboard + deadkeys, so I do
> > not know if that may have an effect.
>
> I have three computers with last KDEs (and kdebase from CVS) + xfree 4.3
> with the same problem. Plus one with 4.2 wihtout any problem. Locales and
> fontoconfig are the same for the four machines.
>
> In two of my laptops (Dell X200), if I try to write , for example, "á" in
> konsole, i get "aaaa".

Which exact version of XFree86 4.3 are you running. I seem to just been
bitten by it and I have XFree86 4.3.0-0pre1v3. I am going to see if
going back to 4.3.0-0pre1v1 will fix the problem.  I am now seeing both
the deadkeys will not work issue and the accented chars show up as '?'
glyphs. I didn't upgrade to 4.3.0-0pre1v3 as soon as other people
since I don't have experimental listed in my sources.list so this may be
the cause of the problem.

Thanks,

Chris Cheney