Re: Download Location For Kmyfirewall For Woody ?

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 12:26:29 +0100, Paul Cupis wrote:

>On Saturday 11 October 2003 04:43, Nick Boyce <nick@glimmer.demon.co.uk>
>wrote:
[...]
>> I thought I might find official unofficial debs at kde.org since
>> kmyfirewall is apparently entering KDE proper sometime soon, but I've
>> had a good hunt around at ftp.uk.debian.org and can't find any such
>> package.
>
>Erm. You thought you would be able to get them from kde.org, so you
>looked around ftp.uk.debian.org and couldn't find them?

Ach .. I was tired .... should have gone to bed hours before that :-)

I meant I had a look at ftp.uk.kde.org ... I was poking around in a
debian/pool/main/k/ type structure with an FTP client, and got
confused about where I was ...

>Google shows me this:
>
>  http://es.kde.org/dists/stable/main/binary-i386/kmyfirewall-0.9.6-1_i386.deb

Thanks ... I did that Google too, and saw that link to
http://es.kde.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=125, but panicked
and thought I wouldn't understand the website ... I should have had
more confidence in the Universal Languages Of apt and http :)

Thanks for the encouragement - package now grabbed.

[ "Someone" should spread that package around a few more of the
standard repositories (in a "contrib" section ?), along with kopete ]

Cheers,
Nick Boyce
Bristol, UK
--
Remember:
If brute force doesn't work, you're just not using enough.