XIM can't toggle on KDE 3.1.4 in sid.

On Saturday 11 October 2003 15:29, Chris Cheney wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 11, 2003 at 03:21:30PM +0800, Yun-Ta Tsai wrote:
> See my other post about the Konqueror "problem". I also don't actually
> look after the KDE 3.2 cvs debs currently. What is XIM though? From that
> bug it seems to affect KDE 3.1.4 as well.
>
> Chris
Sorry, let me create a new topics. :-)
XIM is the short name of X Input Method, just like IME, that I can input
Chinese or non-western characters to the computer.
(Currently, I am using xcin as XIM program.)

Indeed, it can't work functional on KDE 3.1.4, and that's the reason I shift
to KDE 3.2 CVS. But it seems both sid's deb and orth's deb have problems with
that.

Not every KDE program are effected. KNotes and KMail work fine with XIM and I
can't figure out why both konqueror and kmail both linked to kdelibs but
konqueror fail to toggle XIM.

Cheers

Tim Tsai