Re: UPDATE: relocation errors and accented character problems

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 05:52:23PM -0500, Chris Cheney wrote:
> Ok, I think we may have determined what the problem is.  Everyone who is
> having either of the problems please try adding quotes around the var
> for LD_BIND_NOW. If that works for you also check to see what the
> following points to:

Oops I am dumb. :) It appears to have something do with XFree 4.2 vs
XFree 4.3. I have to run XFree 4.3 so haven't seen this problem myself.
I am working with Branden Robinson to help resolve this issue now.

BTW think of LD_BIND_NOW as:

LD_BIND_NOW="yes" kdeinit +kcminit +knotify

it is passing the variable to kdeinit not being misquoted. That is the
reason doing LD_BIND_NOW="yes kdeinit +kcminit +knotify" would be
incorrect.

Thanks,
Chris