Re: kde menu - software entries

On Monday 06 October 2003 13:37, Martin Wegmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I cleaned up my kde menu a few days ago but I was too good ;-) now several
> entries like Office (OO+Koffice) dissappeared totaly.
> How do I obtain these entries again? Adding own subfolders and inserting
> packages with the appropriate command? or is there a more "sophisticated"
> way?
> I think I saw a tool somewhere/sometimes which searched for all installed
> packages and displayed them - the user could add them afterwards to the
> kde-menu.

kappfinder is good for pulling menus for non kde applications. Also, if youve
accidentially deleted something, go into ~/.kde/share/applnk/ and remove the
related files there. Run kbuildsycoca and it will resynchronise with the
system menu.

Hope this helps.

Tom

--
 ^__^            | Tom Badran
 (oo)\______     | Imperial College
    ||     ||    | Using Debian SID

Linux 2.6.0-test5-mm4 #6 Mon Sep 22 12:50:10 BST 2003 i686 GNU/Linux
 14:21:44 up 1 day, 33 min,  1 user,  load average: 7.30, 7.09, 7.02