Re: KDM + environment variables

On Thursday 02 October 2003 19:12, Antiphon wrote:
> > I need to set a per-user environment variable that is set on login.
> Have you tried ~/.profile or ~/.bashrc?

Either doesn't work. As far as I can see, ~/.profile does not get executed at
all (did you mean .bash_profile? or maybe it's a tcsh/ksh/... specific file),
while .bashrc is only executed when I start a bash. The variable is not set
for any application that I start via KDE, e.g. a tcsh I used for testing. But
I need it set in graphical applications.

Sebastian

--
Trying to be happy is like trying to build a machine for which the only
specification is that it should run noiselessly.