Re: KDE status report (again)?

On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 03:38:46AM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> Hate to ask again, but what's currently holding up KDE?  I don't
> know of any Qt/KDE-affecting bugs in gcc or binutils.

My being sick. :\

> Is it the remaining glibc bugs? (203303, for instance.  Or the hppa
> breakage.)

There are still 12 RC bugs on glibc, however they don't seem to be
affecting KDE being compiled on sid. They will of course keep everything
from migrating to sarge until they are forced in again.

> Is it just that Madkiss hasn't fixed the Qt bugs yet?  (And if so, is there
> an ETA for when they'll be fixed?)

Madkiss does need to upload a 3.2.1-5 to fix the mips/el bug and other
RC bugs, but I don't know an ETA.

> Is it an unreported bug?

Maybe :\  I seem to have found a libtool bug on arm today. arts has
failed on 3 archs, arm, mips, mipsel. mips/el are due to the Qt bug.
However, from what pb has said arm appears to have a libtool bug of some
sort.

> I ask partly because I'm really eager to get KDE 3 into testing, and
> partly cause I can sometimes do something about gcc bugs.

Me too. :)

I am going to try to upload kdebase tonight if I feel up to it.

Chris