Re: shortcut....

Yes.. This is normal.

It will continue flashing as it thinks an app is going to load (the flashing
cursor shows that the application is being started).

After a while, when it's clear it isn't going to pop up a window, it gives up
and resets the cursor.

You can configure the behaviour of the flashing mouse attached icon in
KControl.

Regards,

David