Re: Nvidia Gforce

On Sat 20 Sep 2003 4:19 am, funky soul wrote:
> hi Marcelo,
>
> On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 22:00:06 -0300
>
> "Marcelo Macchi" <mjmacchi@ciudad.com.ar> wrote:
> > Hi, I need some help to make a correct config for my NVidia GForce2 MX
> > 200 video Card.
> > I have downloaded some modules from nvidia page, but I don't know how
> > make them work and I need the DirectDraw and the OpenGL.
>
> i suggest you install the nvidia-glx-src and nvidia-kernel-src packages and
> compile the drivers yourself. you'll need a driver for the kernel (kernel
> module) and one for the xserver, iirc. after installation read the readmes
> in /usr/share/nvidia-kernel-src/ and /usr/share/nvidia-glx-src/ which will
> guide you through the process of building and installing the drivers.
>
> good luck, or whatever you'll need ;-)
>
> f. soul

I believe the installation instructions are in /usr/share/doc/
nvidia-kernel-source/README.Debian (shows you how to build & install the
kernel module), /usr/share/doc/nvidia-glx/README.Debian(short instructions on
configuring X to use the nvidia driver with OpenGL (Linux doesn't use
DirectDraw - that's a Windows thing, but has equivalents such as DGA, which
will work when you have the driver working)) and /usr/share/doc/nvidia-glx/
README.gz (NVidia's extensive, but not Debian-specific docs with lots of
troubleshooting tips.)

Meldroc