Email system setup with Kmail

Hey all,

I've recently been looking at using Kmail (1.5.3) as my email client,
in addition to Mutt.  But, I'm having difficulty fitting Kmail into my
PC's email system.  I use Exim for transfer and delivery and Maildrop
for delivery/filtering, and Fetchmail to get mail.

It's taken a some experimenting, but I found a way to make it all work
for me; mostly.  Essentially, I've configured Kmail for sending email
and I have no Recieving accounts configured.  That way, my inbox
doesn't get corrupted everytime I recieve email (see
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=130346).  This setup
is working nicely for me.  I can view email from Mutt and Kmail;
changes to maildirs are seen by both clients;  and, I can send email
from both clients.

However, I cannot see where new messages have arrived in Kmail until I
select a mailbox.  Is there some way of getting Kmail to do mailbox
checks for new messages periodically while remaining open?

thanks,
jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer