Re: Desktop and session mgmt strangeness

On Dienstag, 2. September 2003 08:55, Michael Schuerig wrote:

Please report all bugs to bugs.kde.org as well after the last update to
qt-3.2.1-4 from yesterday.  Some issues should be fixed by now, however
there's no patches available yet beyond what's fixed in CVS' KDE_3_1_BRANCH
yet. There will be a KDE 3.1.4 release (hopefully) that matches the use with
qt-3.2.1 better.

Ralf

> I'm getting strange effects, seemingly after the update to the latest Qt
> packages in unstable.
>
> Kicker doesn't become visible immediately after a new session is started
> up completely. Rather, it only shows up after a click on the desktop
> background.
>
> Sometimes, though not always, keystrokes are passed through from the
> frontmost application window to the desktop. It pretty strange, when
> typing text selects items on the desktop, Return opens them and Delete
> moves them to the trash. This seems to be a bug in Qt, http://
> bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=208267
>
> The window positions (including virtual desktops) and sizes of Knotes
> notes are mixed up, i.e., a note may appear at position and size that
> belongs to another note. Sometimes multiple notes are put in exactly
> the same place. This doesn't happen when I quit and restart KNotes
> manually.
>
> Please help me exorcize my system
>
> Michael
>
> --
> Michael Schuerig                  Those who call the shots
> mailto:michael@schuerig.de        are never in the line of fire.
> http://www.schuerig.de/michael/   --Ani DiFranco, "Not So Soft"

Ralf Nolden
nolden@kde.org