Re: howto re-install kde

Thanks, Andreas. I figured there had to be an easy way to this, as there is installing with apt-get.

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
On 25.Jun 2003 - 13:05:49, Torben Brosten wrote:

Hi,

Reading man apt-get I'm still not sure how to re-install kde. I want the old info erased, then install --not just updated. (having vague problem with applications in KDE using ftp to internet ip's.)

apt-get --purge remove kdelibs(3|4)

This should remove and purge all KDE-Packages, meaning it also removes
the stuff that kde installs under /etc. Your personal settings are
stored in $HOME/.kde, which is not touched, you have to remove it
yourself. After that install with a normal:
apt-get install kdelibs(3|4) kdebase kdenetwork kdepim ...

Andrea
apt-get --purge remove kdelibs(3|4)

This should remove and purge all KDE-Packages, meaning it also removes
the stuff that kde installs under /etc. Your personal settings are
stored in $HOME/.kde, which is not touched, you have to remove it
yourself. After that install with a normal:
apt-get install kdelibs(3|4) kdebase kdenetwork kdepim ...

Andreas