Re: KDE3 in woody, powerpc arch

On Tuesday 24 June 2003 09:31, Alex wrote:
> I'm crossposting in debian-kde, because maybe there, someone knows what
> is happening.
>
> El Martes, 24 de Junio de 2003 14:34, Curtis Vaughan escribió:
> > I have already added the line to my sources.list file, but there is no
> > libqt3-mt that is >= 3.1.2, which is required according to other kde3
> > files. I've looked over the site and also don't see it.
>
> I'm very confused. I don't see it here:
> http://download.kde.org/stable/3.1.2/Debian/pool/main/q/
> (I think it must be in pool/main/q/qt-copy/ )
>
> ... but I have it installed:
> ii  libqt3-mt                     3.1.2-0woody1                 Qt GUI
> Library
>
> ... and when kde 3.1.2 was released, I used the line pointed in
> kde.org/download to upgrade my kde. I don't understand why now is
> dissappeared.

Maybe I can help with an answer here.

The qt 3.1.2 powerpc packages were created prior to the release of KDE 3.1.2
and apparently did not make it to the new repository. They have been
re-uploaded and should be making their way to the mirrors shortly.

This is why people who upgrade from KDE 3.1 or 3.1.1 to get to  3.1.2
already have the appropriate qt libraries and people who are installing KDE
3.1.x for the first time are having trouble finding libqt3-mt, etc.

This evening (US-CDT), I will do some checking and see what other "required"
non-KDE packages are missing from the repository.

Rick Cook