Re: Applications for KDE 3.2.1 Woody

El Domingo, 22 de Junio de 2003 20:09, Christof Hurschler escribió:
> So what is the best way to get applications for the KDE 3.2.1 Woody
> combination??

First of all, remember that kde 3.2 will be released in after some months:
http://dot.kde.org/1055858793/

The latest stable version is 3.1.2.

Second, I think the best way for getting kde applications, is using debian
packages. Debian packages for Debian 3.0 + kde updates, are not very common
(outside download.kde.org), but building that debs, can be quite easy. In
kde's CVS, all packages have a debian directory, so in many cases, building a
package can be done only running "dpkg-builpackage -rfakeroot -us -uc".

I suggest you trying to build your own debian packages, cause is the cleanest
solution. Run apt-get install maint-guide, and give a look at that document.

Another solution, is installing them in your home directory, using the
sources. That can be done, using "./configure --prefix=$HOME/local", and
fixing KDEDIRS environment value properly, por example:
export KDEDIRS=$KDEDIRS:$HOME/local

I'm using that two solutions for having the latest kde applications on my
Woody machines. The problems you described, are conflicts between libraries,
so I think that those techniques are the best choice.

Best regards.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) - GPG ID 0xAA8D2A01
http://lacurva.net/ - Jabber ID: suy@es.tipic.com