kmail and threading (mail header fixup filter)

Hi,

I notice that kmail has problems with In-Reply-To: headers that contain things
like

"Mon, 23 Jun 2003 11:20:09 +0200")

(instead of rfc2822-compliant msg-id-only in-reply-to headers), and does not
thread such messages properly. As a temporary fix (because I'm not ready to
hack kmail): has anybody already written a filter for incoming mail that
would strip everything but the message id from this mail header?

I would hook such a beast into procmail and thus get rid of this particular
problem. Should be easy with formail and sed, or with a bit of perl, but if
somebody else already has this, it's even easier...

cheers
-- vbi

--
featured link: http://fortytwo.ch/gpg/subkeys