Re: Strange problems with kmail and imap

Am Freitag, 20. Juni 2003 15:05 schrieb Cajus Pollmeier:
> Am Freitag, 20. Juni 2003 14:14 schrieb Randy Kramer:
> > On Thursday 19 June 2003 11:40 pm, Joerg Platte wrote:
> > > I've got some recent problems with the IMAP support in kmail (KMail:
> > > 1.5.2 Debian/sid): Most of the time kmail isn't able to fetch new mails
> > > from the server but reads old mails without any problems. Restarting
> > > kmail seems to fix the problem for a few minutes...
> > >
> > > Has anybody encountered the same problem?
> >
> > Maybe, although I've characterized it slightly differently and have a
> > different workaround.  As long as I'm "in" a particular IMAP file, I
> > can't get (or maybe can't see) new emails.  I work around the problem by
> > switching to a different (small) IMAP file and back to the original, and
> > then I can see the files.
> >
> > There may be some sort of rational reason why things work this way, but
> > it is somewhat disappointing.
>
> Even this isn't working here. I've to exit kmail and start it again to see
> new mails in any of the IMAP folders.

Just adding some more information:

The problem is away, if I disable the autochecking of IMAP accounts. So I see
two possibilities:

a) IMAP Servers don't let me in once a minute - by configuration
    (kmail should place a nice notice in this case...)
b) IO-Slave has problems with regulary pulling mails from the server

Currently looking into a) ...

Cajus