Re: Fonts totally gone in konqueror

A major cause of this problem was that XFree86 was not configured to
use TrueType fonts!  One of the XFree installs wrote in a default
section that didn't have it.  I missed this initally because my old
fontpaths were still in the config file--just in a section that was
being ignored.

I also edited fontconfig, but I don't think that made a difference.

There are a couple of lingering mysteries:

1) There are still some blank fonts.  That is, drop down lists of
fonts have some blank entries, and text in some fonts doesn't show
when I select it in a font selector.

I saw some discussion that Qt had changed its naming convention for
some fonts (Microsoft ones?) so that old names no longer matched any
fonts.  However, I've been unable to discover anywhere that has the
old names saved.

2) I don't know how, or if, KDE3 handles multiple font paths.  The
font configuration tool has drop downs for Type1 and TrueType fonts,
but they seem to assume they are both subdirectories of a common
directory.  In my case, they are not.  Is there a way to handle this?