Re: Problem with Luxi mono font.

On Sat, 2003-06-14 at 11:05, Dominique Devriese wrote:
> Maurizio Colucci writes:
>
> > Hello, if you have debian SID (but also if you don't), could you
> > please make the following test?
>
> > apt-get install ttf-xfree86-nonfree
>
> > And see if KDE recognizes Luxi Mono.
> > 1) Kde-control-panel -> Appearance&themes -> fonts -> fixed-width
> > Does the font appear in the list? On my system (SID), it doesn't
> > (bug).
>
> It doesn't here..

gotcha.

> > 2) Does it appear in the general list?
> >   Kde-control-panel -> Appearance&themes -> fonts -> general
> > on my system (SID), it does (no bug).
>
> It does here..
>
> > Now please tell me which distro you are using: sid, sarge, woody.
>
> sid..
>
> Out of curiosity: what do you need this information for ?

:-)

I need to know whether it's a bug or I was doing something wrong. Now I
know it's a bug.

I just need to decide what package to file the bug to.

The mantainer of ttf-xfree86-nonfree said it can't be his fault, and the
bug must be in KDE.

Why do I care about luxi mono? Well, on a 1400x1050 desktop it's the
only monospaced font which is not too thin on konsole.

And I'm sure it used to work in the past.