Re: Packaging very large i18n material

Adam Majer dijo [Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 06:27:58PM -0500]:
> > The problem is that there is a *lot* of i18n material provided with
> > koffice.  There are translations for 37 different languages, coming to a
> > total 21.7Mb.
> > 2) Build 37 different koffice-i18n-lang binary packages (like kde-i18n).
>
> What about:
>   koffice-i18n-europe
>   koffice-i18n-asia
>   etc...
>
> based on their country of origin so german would belong in
> koffice-i18n-europe and not koffice-i18n-africa. This could be
> done for the for the "lesser" known languages and individual package
> files for more widespread languages like spanish or french.

Ummm... I don't really like it. This way, English and French would
appear in every package, Spanish would appear in most of them. Yes,
Polish and Romanian would appear only in -europe. -namerica and
-samerica would be too small.

...Maybe something like what you proposed (substracting the most common
languages), and an extra one: koffice-i18n-major_lang (Including
English, Spanish, French, maybe one or two more).

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@gwolf.cx - (+52-55)5630-9700 ext. 1366
PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23