Re: Konqueror and SSL - how do I make it work?

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 04:07:13AM -0500, Rene Horn wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 04:21:06PM +0100, Wookey wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 10:09:34AM -0500, Irish, Jon D BAE SYSTEMS wrote:
> > > Wookey,
> > > Make sure that you have libssl09 installed. It worked for me.
> >
> > thanx for that tip, but I already have libssl09 installed.
> >
> > What else can I check?
> Do you have kdebase-crypto installed?

no, but if I try to install it I get told that it has been superceded by
something I do have:

knossos:~# apt-get install kdebase-crypto
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Package kdebase-crypto has no available version, but exists in the database.
This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
of sources.list
However the following packages replace it:
  kdebase-libs
  E: Package kdebase-crypto has no installation candidate
  knossos:~# dpkg -s kdebase-libs
  Package: kdebase-libs
  ....knossos:~# apt-get install kdebase-crypto
  Reading Package Lists... Done
  Building Dependency Tree... Done
  Package kdebase-crypto has no available version, but exists in the database.
  This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
  never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
  of sources.list
  However the following packages replace it:
    kdebase-libs
    E: Package kdebase-crypto has no installation candidate
    knossos:~# dpkg -s kdebase-libs
    Package: kdebase-libs

Is that right?

--