Re: Packaging very large i18n material

Hi. :)

>  we already discussed this sometime ago

Though not with any resolution.

> and since then there are koffice-i18n-xx packages....

Not on the debian servers.

> apt-cache show koffice-i18n-es
> Package: koffice-i18n-es
> Maintainer: Ralf Nolden <nolden@kde.org>
> Version: 1.2.1-0woody2

These are Ralf's backports of KDE3 and related material to woody.
Whilst I appreciate Ralf's work, I would like to get wider input on this
issue from other debian developers as well as users before uploading to
the official debian archives.

One of the main reasons for starting this thread is to see if there is
any strong reaction from other debian developers to the addition of 37 new
i18n packages.  As I mentioned earlier, if every software packager uses
this solution then we have chaos.

> (Discussing merging koffice i18n materials into kde-i18n-lang)
>  No, that spoils the translations from the translation teams due to the
> different release cycles between KDE and KDE.

How does this spoil the translations?  I don't see what you're saying here.

> option 4 (should not be even considered).

Which is why I've restarted this thread, since option 4 is unfortunately
the status quo.

Ben. :)