Re: Konqueror: Embedding of packed documents

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 04:58:00PM +0100, Frank Mehnert wrote:

> if I select a link which points to a PDF or a Postscript file, the
> document is openend embedded in the konequeror window -- which is
> fine.  But if the document is gzip'ed, an ark window is opened and
> first I have to select the document inside the archive and then click
> open to view the content of the packed document in a separate window.

> Is it possible to skip these last steps and view a gzip'ed document
> embedded?

I second this. gzip'ed files are always single files. gv etc. can open
them directly. Can we tell the gzip kioslave (or whatever it is) to
gunzip the file and then re-open (via Konqueror's file associations) the
uncompressed file, so that for the user, it opens transparently?

--
mfg, Jens Benecke	http://www.hitchhikers.de: Europas Mitfahrzentrale
When they encrypted TV (Macrovision) I said nothing - I don't have a TV.