Re: QTDIR & KDEDIR ./configure errors

On Monday 02 June 2003 00:02, johnny geling wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just did a dist-upgrade to sid and beside lilo everything went alright.
>
> Now I want to compile qt and kde source but that failes. First it was
> complaning about the qt
> "
> checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0.3) (headers and
> libraries) not found. Please check your installation!
> For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
> "
>
> With a manualy export of the QTDIR=/usr/share/qt3 I run into the next
> error. Not finding anything from kde. I have installed kdelibs4-dev from
> sid. "
> checking for KDE... configure: error:
> in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE headers installed. This will fail.
> So, check this please and use another prefix!
> "
>
> Of course I have tried several option
> --with-extra-includes=/usr | /usr/include
> --with-extra-libs=/usr
>
> Two things.
> 1. what should I do to let it compile correctly?
> 2. Where should I initialise the enviroment variable like QTDIR? I tried
> .profile that didn't work.

I have the same problem. Many have tried to come with an sulution to the
problem here on the list. but none have worked for me. I'm about 2 inches
from letting go of unstable. and then maybe I will try gentoo or something.
cause testing has to old packages for me.

--
'The maths is easy,' said Chaos.
AH? WELL, MATHS, said Death, dismissively.

Svein Harald Soleim