KDE, Writing CD's, and Windows XP

I did something which greatly surprised me recently:  I reverted to Windows XP.

I did so not out of nostalgia for the days of reboots. Rather, this was done for the ease of CD writing and to use the Kazaa network.

I am a P2P/Kazaa addict. I collect movies, pr0n, MP3s, etc. and often find myself burning CDs almost as quickly as my tray can open. After finding a dearth of CD writing apps on the Linux platform (rather, Easy-To-Use apps) I switched to XP for the ease of creating CD backups of my data. I know that with some time and effort, duplicating the same click-n-drag CD burning on XP is possible using KDE. I would like to switch back to a stable platform (plus, I'm a slut for a Debian-flavored penguin).

Any comment or information on the ideas contained herein is most appreciated.

Bob