Re: kde 3.1.1 login manager

On Tuesday 20 May 2003 12:01, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> currently impossible.
> do you want to do this to ensure that only users with an account can
> shut down the box?
I have a laptop which sometimes I need to leave unguarded for a short time. I
tried the lock screen but discovered it doesn't lock anything because anyone
with keyboard access can open a new X-session. Then I tried to disable the
turn off option for a normal user from the kde login manager (thinking I
could leave the login screen while I was out) but discovered it disables the
turn off option on logout too. So my problem is unsolved...
--
saluti,  Mauro

On this machine no Windows system survives and LINUX POWER reigns UNLIMITED.