Re: KDE 3.1.2 segfaults

Dave Lister <dave@birko.cjb.net> writes:

>> I am using Unstable/Sid
>> Kernel 2.4.20 selfmade
>> nvidia-4191
>> dist-upgrade from kde 3.1.1 to 3.1.2
>> not all k-apps are 3.1.2 some remains 3.1.1
>
> I strongly suggest that you update all KDE packages to 3.1.2.

So I removed all kde-debs and reinstall konqueror so that some basic
stuff is installed.

When I start kate I get this

_KDE_IceTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.ICE-unix should be set to root
DCOP aborting call from 'anonymous-2879' to 'kded'
ERROR: Communication problem with kded, it probably crashed.
ERROR: KUniqueApplication: Registering failed!
ERROR: Communication problem with kate, it probably crashed.

Ciao!
juh

--
Zwangsarbeiterentschädigung: Almosen statt Strafgericht
http://www.sudelbuch.de/2001/20010309.html