Re: Downloading KDE3.1.2

On Tuesday 20 May 2003 14:39, stefanbienert@arcor.de wrote:
> Can anybody send me the link where to download KDE 3.1.2? I've tried with
> the download page, but the only files I find are Packages, Packages.bz2 and
> Packages.gz on
> http://download.kde.org/stable/3.1.2/Debian/dists/woody/main/binary-i386/.
> I need to download KDE, because the PC I'm doing all my work with is not
> connected to the internet.

I use debmirror. Unfortunately, this script is not included in Woody, so
I append this script here (sorry list, it's only 18k). Use it as follows:

1. Create a local directoy where the kde312-files should go into:

  mkdir /home/arch/kde312

2. Copy kde312 files to that directory:

 ./debmirror /home/arch/kde312\
    --nosource\
    --dist=woody\
    --host=mirrors.midco.net\
    --root=/pub/kde/stable/3.1.2/Debian/\
    --section=main

3. Append

  deb file:/home/arch/kde312 woody main

to /etc/apt/sources.list and update using apt-get and/or dselect.
That's all.

Frank
--
## Dept. of Computer Science, Dresden University of Technology, Germany ##
## E-Mail: fm3@os.inf.tu-dresden.de    http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/~fm3 ##