Re: kde-common/admin

On Montag, 19. Mai 2003 12:00, Ben Burton wrote:
> > How exactly does it break? It worked just fine for me ... :\
>
> I think the problem is that it's a shell script, and that from many
> (most?) kfoo/debian/rules files it is invoked as "perl -w
> admin/debianrules".

I talked with Danny on IRC and we agreed on that I'll write a HOW-TO for
compiling your apps from source, maybe adding a buildscript.

Compiling from source was the reason danny tried to use this but that
debianrules file would have made things much more complicated and breaks more
than it helps :) So, we should collect some input for a README.Debian for
kdelibs4-dev.

Any preferences on scenarios to cover ? with --prefix=/usr and/or /usr/local ?
etc. ?

Ralf

> b. :)

Ralf Nolden