forwarded message from Stephan Kulow

Here's coolo's reply..
I've asked for more information, but it seems the patch is not getting
in :(   People seem to not like the idea of making things easy for
Debian users..
cheers
domi

--- Begin Message ---
On Wednesday 14 May 2003 20:00, you wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The Debian KDE packages have had to move the documentation from
> "$prefix/share/doc/HTML" to "$prefix/share/doc/kde/HTML" ( for any of
> the prefixes listed in KDEDIRS and other places ), in order to comply
> with the Debian policy that stuff that is in /usr/share/doc/HTML
> should be docs *about* HTML.  The Debian also have a patch for the
> KStandardDirs class to make it no longer look in the old location, but
> only in the new one ( kdelibs/debian/patches/kdelibs.dirs.patch ).
>
> However, this breaks the installation of third party source packages'
> documentation on those systems, because they still install their docs
> in the old location, and kio_help never looks for them there.
>
> This patch is meant to solve that by setting the default kde_htmldir
> on Debian to share/doc/kde/HTML, at least if the Debian KDE packages
> are installed.  In other cases, it defaults to the normal location.
>
> So, can you apply this patch to kde-common/acinclude.m4.in, please ?

I won't. You can set kde_htmldir before running configure and Debian
packages should suggest that to people compiling sources. I have however
a more general solution in my TODO folder, but that will take some time
to implement ;(

Greetings, Stephan

--- End Message ---
--
Lay on, MacDuff, and curs'd be him who first cries, "Hold, enough!".
		-- Shakespeare