Re: Problems with kde3.1 / QT3 on sarge

On Monday 12 May 2003 18:48, Germain CHAZOT wrote:
> Hello!
> I have done an upgrade of my distro two weeks ago and kde and qt were
> updated. Since that I can't get any program using kde/qt compiled on
> my system. Nor can I get any debian package using kde/qt installed
> because of dependencies.
> I have been told it is because of broken qt packages for debian. Is it
> true? Any Idea?

I have the Same problem ;(
and blame the dependence hell
Have had it since I made a clean install 1 1/2 month ago.
The Qt have been updatet at least twice since then, so it's not a broken
package. Hope this is fixed soon.

> That's what I get when trying to compile a program:
> # cd kbear/
> # ./configure
> [...]
> checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0) (headers and
> libraries) not found. Please check your installation!
>
> So I try something like that:
> # ./configure --with-qt-dir=/usr/share/qt3/
> [...]
> checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0) (library qt-mt)
> not found. Please check your installation!
> For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
> Make sure that you have compiled Qt with thread support!
>
> So I try with --disable-mt but still doesn't work.
>
> I have libqt3-mt and libqt3-mt-dev installed
>

> Down there is for package installation
> # apt-get install kdevelop
> [...]
> Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
>   kdevelop: Depends: kdelibs3 (>= 4:2.2.2-1) but it is not going to be
> installed
>             Depends: kdebase-libs but it is not going to be installed
> E: Sorry, broken packages
>
> thanks

- --
'The maths is easy,' said Chaos.
AH? WELL, MATHS, said Death, dismissively.
GENERALLY I NEVER GET MUCH FURTHER THAN SUBTRACTION.

Svein Harald Soleim