Restore Session in KDE sid

I am using KDE 3 on sid. Before it "sid-ed", I used the (semi-)unofficial
packages from kde.org. At that time, when I logged out, it had the option
"remember session" (or something similar). If I log out now, I do not have this
option and KDE _always_ remembers my session. The next time I log in, all
programs I didn't close last time are open, and my konsole-window working
directory is not my home, but rather the last visited one.

Is there any possibility to tell KDE that on start-up I would like only one
konsole window with my homedirectory as $pwd? There must be a simle solution to
this... I just can't figure out how. Does KDE write the last session to a file?
Could I just take away write permission as a simple, but admittedly dirty solution?

Thanks in advance,

Christoph