difference between libvorbis & libvorbis0a

Hi,

well, just found a strange thing in current testing:
obviously libvorbis just got replaced by libvorbis0a but the new package does
not 'provide' the old one. Bad upgrade path for my KDE3.1.1a from
download.kde.org :-/ because the update of that lib wants to delete either my
KDE development packages (because libvorbis-dev gets deleted):
# apt-get -u dist-upgrade
[...]
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  kdelibs4-dev libarts1-dev libartsc0-dev libkonq4-dev libvorbis-dev
  libsamplerate0 libsndfile1
The following packages have been kept back
  sox sweep timidity
The following packages will be upgraded
  libvorbisenc2 libvorbisfile3
2 packages upgraded, 2 newly installed, 5 to remove and 3  not upgraded.
Need to get 331kB of archives. After unpacking 9888kB will be freed.

and still did not update everything, yet, or my complete KDE installation (91
packets/ 152MB) with some self-compiled apps:
# apt-get install libvorbis0a
[...]
  sox timidity
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  alsaplayer-alsa alsaplayer-common alsaplayer-gtk ark arts artsbuilder
avifile-mad-plugin avifile-mjpeg-plugin avifile-player avifile-utils
  avifile-vorbis-plugin avifile-win32-plugin avifile-xvid-plugin k3b
kaddressbook kalarm kappfinder kate kcalc kcontrol kde-theme-liquid
  kdebase kdebase-bin kdebase-kio-plugins kdelibs-bin kdelibs4 kdelibs4-dev
kdemultimedia-dev kdemultimedia-kio-plugins kdepim-libs kdeprint
  kdesktop kdf kdm kdvi kfind kghostview kgpg kgpgcertmanager khelpcenter
khexedit kicker kile klipper kmail kmenuedit kmid kmix kmplayer
  knode knotes konq-plugins konqueror konqueror-nsplugins konsole korganizer
kpackage kpager kpersonalizer kpilot kscd ksirc ksmserver
  ksplash kssh ksysguard ktip kview kviewshell kwin libarts1 libarts1-dev
libarts1-mpeglib libartsc0 libartsc0-dev libavifile0.7
  libavifile0.7-dev libkdenetwork2 libkonq4 libkonq4-dev libvorbis-dev
libvorbis0 lisa mpeglib mplayer noatun okle sim sweep transcode
  xmmsarts
  libvorbis0a
2 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 91 to remove and 2  not upgraded.
Need to get 730kB of archives. After unpacking 152MB will be freed.

Any ideas. Will the complete KDE from unstable drop down, too? On
http://packages.qa.debian.org/kdebase it does not sound like that.
Or is the only alternative to not upgrade for a while? Not the best way just
before building new packages for my own (because this looks like lots of
recompilation, later).

HS

- --
        oder über pgp.net