Re: kppp can't see dns servers

Hi there,

When you say you've developed a problem with kppp, did this occur after an
upgrade etc, or is this the first time you've used it?
The file you should be looking at is /etc/resolv.conf.

After a connection, you'd normally get something like

192.168.44.2 #KPPP temp entry
192.168.44.3 #KPPP temp entry

in that file.

If these aren't being added to resolv.conf, then that is the cause of your
problem. I *believe*, not having KPPP in front of me, that there's an
option like "Use ISP's DNS servers" or similar, and that's what you need
to select if you want resolv.conf entries to be added.
Also, what version of KDE are you using? Are you just on the version that
comes with woody, or sid, or a third-party repository?
Hope the above helps!

Regards,

David