qt and charset problems

Hello,
since I upgraded to kde3.1 on debian sid the gb2312 character encoding
is not displayed properly. It is not a font problem as chinese characters
are displayed well in unicode.
I wrote a little test application which I linked against sid's qt
library (libqt3c102-mt) and against a self-compiled qt library.
The first program didn't show the characters correctly, the second did.
So I think (if it is not my system which is broken) that there is
something wrong with qt3 in sid.
Does anybody else experience the same problem?
Regards,
Henning