Re: kdelibs4-dev on woody

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 01:23:36PM +0100, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> On Mittwoch, 12. Februar 2003 10:45, Laurent Rathle wrote:
> > Le Mercredi 12 Février 2003 01:28, Ralf Nolden a écrit :
> > > You should use a standard woody and standard woody debs. Out of my
> > > experience, knoppix is fine as long as you just use what it's on it. It's
> > > not technically clean-made in a way that it a) gives you a proper system
> > > identical to a woody installation b) therefore doesn't really admit
> > > updating and reinstalling parts of the installation.
> >
> > I didn't expres myself correctly :-). I don't have Knoppix anymore. It's a
> > standard woody. I've installed kdelibs without problem, but I can't install
> > kdelibs4-dev because of libartsc0-dev and a lot of other softwares. The
> > only way to install kdelibs4-dev is to fetch it from unstable. And then, I
> > can't install kdenetwork, kdemultimedia, ... anymore.
>
> tried apt-get dist-upgrade and apt-get -f install ? It should pull all the
> dependencies.
I suspect that Laurent is suffering from the same problem that I'm suffering right now.  I currently have the official Debian packages from kde.org installed on my machine.  Those seem to have been compiled with gcc 2.95, making them dependent on the old libqt that were compiled with the same version.  The conflict comes in when we try to install the newest version of libqt, which apt tries to do with dist-upgrade, but that results in the removal of almost all my installed kde packages because apt is trying to install the newest version of libqt.  This means that either the packages in Nolden's sources, or sid's need to be update to make them look newer to apt, or the ones in the official kde.org packages need to be deprecated somehow.

Rene
--
rhorn@sdf.lonestar.org