Re: Qt Changes ahead - Info for package maintainers + developers

> On Montag, 10. Februar 2003 16:51, Nikita V. Youshchenko wrote:
> > > Qt 3 development requires (or should require) libqt-mt.so, Qt 2
> > > development is using libqt.so.
> >
> > Are you sure?
> > IMHO both libqt.so and libqt-mt.so can be used by Qt3 developers.
> > First is for threadless apps, second for threaded.
>
> Yes, but you should *always* use libqt-mt. That is because if you run
> KDE this library is already loaded and the application will pick up the
> style set in KDE, so it's the best thing to link against for the user
> experience.

I know at least one case when linking against pthread is not acceptable.
It is when use any other threading library than libpthread.
E.g. we often use home-made non-preemptive thread library because it better
fits our needs than pthreads. It is absolutely incompatable with pthreads
and if linked together will cause segfault on any 'new' (or 'malloc')
operator.
I guess (but I am not sure) that using of alternative thread libs such as
NGPT will also cause problems.