Re: Qt Changes ahead - Info for package maintainers + developers

Monday 10 February 2003 16:51, skrev Nikita V. Youshchenko:
> > Qt 3 development requires (or should require) libqt-mt.so, Qt 2
> > development is using libqt.so.
>
> Are you sure?
> IMHO both libqt.so and libqt-mt.so can be used by Qt3 developers.
> First is for threadless apps, second for threaded.

This is true; however:

Is there actually any valid reason to link with libqt.so instead of
libqt-mt.so?
It seems to me that even if you don't use the multithread functions, other
software might, and therefore there is no good reason to keep libqt.so in
memory *in addition* to libqt-mt.so

As such, there is no reason to keep the development version of the
non-multithreaded version around; that way Qt2 development will still work.

(Unless Qt2 had a multithreading too, of course... did it?)