antialiasing on sid, kde3.1

hi,
I'm new here. I have read part of history of this mailing list, but i
didn't find answer to this:

I got sid, kde3.1 from sid and fontconfig although i have used
font-intaller on older Karolina's kde and installed some truetypes from
windows.

And a problem:

Antialiasing won't work, until reconfigure fontconfig.
After reconfiguring fontconfig - konsole fonts looks terrible - lots of
squares in midnight commander and so on..
Also when i choose different font, most of avaialable fonts look the same.

I have never understand how fonts and antialiasing works under debian-sid
and kde so pleas help me..

thanks,
--
Vladimir Wiedermann