AAH! Got KDE installed in San Francisco!

Sorry to gum up your inboxes with yet one more email, but I wanted to thank John Mitchell and Asheesh Laroya for responding to my "SOS: I broke my KDE and I can't get up" email. All John wrote were four lines of advice and that was all I needed.
Played KAsteroids last night just to celebrate.
But seriously, Linux has been tough to learn for this MacWin-user, but the responsiveness of the community by email has made all the difference when I run into a wall and the manpages and HOWTOs don't tell me quite how to get through it.
So thank you.
Pietro

PS: btw, what does ymmv stand for?