Re: Printing with Cups not working sometimes

Zitat von Thomas Watz <twnews@gmx.de>:
> I am using KDE 3.1 from ktown (woody) on a testing system with kernel
> 2.4.20.
> My printer is a HP Deskjet 970cxi and works fine with cups so far.
>
> But there is a odd behaviour with it: While I am working in KDE and want to
> print something and switch on the printer it is not working. So I do a
> restart of KDE and/or X, but it changes nothing.
> The printer is well recognized during boot time and is diplayed with
> USBview.
>
> Now when I do a restart of the computer with the printer switched on, it is
> printing after that without a problem.

First, this has absolutely nothing to do with KDE at all.

Check that all necessary modules are loaded ("lsmod"). Compare the kernel
messages ("dmesg"). Install the hotplug daemon ("apt-get install hotplug
usbutils").
Additionally, it may be necessary to restart cups when you added the printer to
the system ("/etc/init.d/cupsys restart").

HS