Re: BUG: libkdeprint_management.la missing in kdelibs4

On Mittwoch, 5. Februar 2003 04:41, Chris Cheney wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 08:39:05PM -0600, Chris Cheney wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 11:12:48PM +0100, Achim Bohnet wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > starting kaddprinterwizard (ktown KDE 3.1 woody) gives:
> > >
> > > 	Unable to load KDE print management library: Library files for
> > > "libkdeprint_management.la" not found in paths
> > >
> > > Please package into kdelibs4 where the corresponding library is.
> > >
> > > 	ach@lost(0) ~ $ dlocate /usr/lib/libkdeprint_management.so.4.1.0
> > > 	kdelibs4: /usr/lib/libkdeprint_management.so.4.1.0
> > >
> > > Thx,
> > > Achim
> >
> > I'm sorry about this, I thought Ralf knew what he was doing when he
> > started moving the .la files around again.  I had previously verified
> > all the .la files that needed to be in runtime packages and put them
> > there, he then proceeded to move them back to the development packages.
> > I thought he had fixed the code to work without the .la files but
> > obviously not.
> >
> > Ralf - Did you test that any of the .la files you moved worked without
> > them? Or do I need to revert all those changes?
>
> Actually Ralf did revert that particular file about 3 days ago shortly
> before the set of debs I built to upload to Debian sid.  However I still
> need to find out how he determined what shouldn't go into runtime in
> case we have a few more surprises come up.

I fixed all the things that happened to show up on the debian-kde list and
which were reported to me. I think those are now 100% correct.

Please be aware that Martin and I are *still* working on the Qt packages
because of Martin's stubbornness it takes ages to convince him of the needed
modifications. The latest change may be of importance (still to go into the
packages) as we're reworking libqt3-headers. It contained a) the complete
private headers of Qt b) a set of headers only belonging to qt-embedded c)
compatibilitiy headers. The goal is to remove a) and b) from the package and
to move c) into a libqt3-compat-headers package. Though you should do fine
without that compatibility package, in case you need it you will want to add
it to your build-deps. Please notify bugs.kde.org for any compile errors
showing up when compiling without the compat-headers package so those can be
fixed and moved to the correct Qt API headers of 3.1.1 by upstream. The same
counts for any third party program that is going to be recompiled with Qt3.

Ralf

> BTW - at least arts/kdelibs will be going into sid tomorrow, ftpadmin
> team is adding the overrides while I am writing this email. 8)
>
> Chris

- --
Ralf Nolden
nolden@kde.org